Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Feeling Like Spring!




It is really Spring here now! I see the buds on the maple trees, the glorious magnolia trees are about to burst (one of my spring faves!) and bulbs blooming everywhere! Hooray - now I am getting the bug to go out and see what I can do in the garden. I feel the romance of the floral garden as I see the nursery garden centers opening up and the flats of annuals tantalizing me...

In the meantime, here are some recent arrangements that I made for Mother's Day. You can almost smell the fragrant peonies (so delicate as a fresh flower) and roses. The hydrangeas (also so delicate and fussy) can be enjoyed as clay flowers for a lot longer! I really like this colour combo this time of year too - so refreshing after a long, cold winter!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Just beautiful Tracey!! I can't get my roses to look anywhere near as lovely as yours! Ilove the rose arangement in the square pot. LOVELY!